Job Location: St. Louis Corporate Office
Job Purpose: Complete month-end closing process for the mines or other corporate entities, including accounting for capital transactions, preparation of account analyses, and preparation of mine-related tax returns, ensuring all are prepared in an accurate and timely manner. Assist with audits; and provide guidance/assistance to operations.
- Complete month-end closing process, including but not limited to, preparing journal entries, reviewing statements for accuracy, and preparing internal management reports.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly mine-related operating tax returns ensuring proper and accurate documentation in order to assure favorable audit results and proper payments.
- Account Analysis, including properly documenting and following up on issues needing resolution, ensuring that account balances are properly stated and supported in order for internal and external auditors to assure reasonableness of financial statements.
- Account for capital transactions, including reviewing for proper transaction authorizations and ensuring that appropriate lives are assigned to the assets.
- Assist field personnel and corporate personnel on interim and special projects, including financial forecasts and budgets, internal and external audit requests including Sarbanes Oxley documentation and compliance, various tax department issues, and coding accounts payable invoices.
- BS/BA degree in accounting
- Three years of experience in accounting and financial analysis
- Understanding of internal control activities to meet the requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley regulations
- Proficiency in spreadsheet, word processing and e-mail
- Exposure to accounting-related software
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience with Oracle, Ellipse, OFA, and fixed asset software (Sage)
- Accounting and financial analysis experience within the coal industry
Additional Comments: Position requires someone who is resourceful and proactive and willing to accept any additional projects.
Position Will Report To: Assistant Controller
Arch Resources, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive full and fair consideration for employment. M/F/Disability/Vet