JOB LOCATION: Viper Mine – Williamsville, IL
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE: Directs and manages the financial and administrative support functions of the Viper Mine which consists of finance, accounts payable, internal control and materials management, and budgeting.
- Supervising and managing the accounts payable, finance and warehouse staff to ensure activities are performed to Company policy and proper financial standards.
- Interact with field management and corporate reporting to close books each month
- Complete the coordination, development, and presentation of the Viper Mine annual budgets and 5-year plans.
- Responsible for assisting in updating OFA modeling for the budget, plan and Board of Directors (BOD) updates.
- Develop comparisons of actual costs to budget and latest budget plans (BOD), and provide explanations for any major differences. This includes analyzing vendor costs, comparing these costs to forecasts, and providing estimates for future forecasts.
- Coordinate responses to internal and external audit requests.
- Discounted Cash Flow analysis for capital projects and cost reduction projects; coordinate capital expenditures with AFEs as well as conduct FAS reporting.
- Responsible for monitoring, developing and documenting guidelines to ensure compliance with corporate policy pertaining to Sarbanes-Oxley and GAAP reporting requirements.
- Communicate to all mine personnel compliance guidelines.
- Assist other field or corporate personnel with special projects/assignments, as requested.
- Strong interpersonal skills and team-oriented behavior as the position provides critical support to other departments.
- Perform other projects as assigned.
- Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance.
- Five years of experience in accounting and financial planning preferred.
- Five years of exposure to warehousing, internal control and general administration functions preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Must have well-developed communications and interpersonal skills.
POSITION REPORTS TO: General Manager