Job Purpose: To provide administrative support to the legal department.
- Prepare and coordinate distribution of correspondence and materials to members of the Company’s Board of Directors and senior management.
- Responsible for organization, maintenance and updating of corporate and contract legal files, including minute books, securities filings and finance and acquisition documents.
- Prepare, proof and edit written materials and agreements in support of corporate legal group.
- Assist department members in updating various state and federal databases related to corporate licenses and permits.
- Manage relevant department members’ calendars; schedule and organize meetings, travel, conferences and department activities.
- Other special projects as assigned.
- 3 – 5+ years’ experience as an assistant for corporate law attorneys in a law firm or in-house legal department.
- Experience in handling tasks associated with Securities and Exchange Commission filings, mergers and acquisitions, corporate organizational and governance matters and organizing corporate legal files.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, with ability to manage multiple tasks/priorities and meet time-sensitive deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to interact effectively with individuals at all levels with poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent typing and proofreading skills and proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and e-mail applications
- Ability to work occasional overtime.
- 5 – 7+ years’ experience as an assistant for corporate law attorneys in a law firm or in-house legal department.
- Experience assisting corporate attorneys on a variety of international law requirements and projects.