If you are looking to join a quality team with an industry leading safety culture, an employer of choice within the mining industry ‘ we’d like to invite you to explore an exciting career opportunity with Leer South, an Arch Resources subsidiary. Arch’s Leer South facility boast a “best in class” reserve life providing employee stability and opportunities for professional growth while providing excellent compensation and outstanding benefits, such as medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, retirement savings, and educational assistance.
Leer South is a growing, world-class mining company producing essential resources for steel manufacturing worldwide Leer South is one of the largest employers in the region and takes pride in our positive employee relations and community support activities. Leer South is looking for a Belt Manager to join our successful team in Philippi, West Virginia.
Job Location: Leer South Mining Complex (Philippi, WV)
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE:
Responsible for all belt systems at mine, to include installation, maintenance, advancement and retreat. Responsible for the health and safety of all personnel working under supervision.
- Responsible to plan, install and maintain belt conveyor systems for the mine. Must manage and direct personnel in the maintenance and installation of belts
- Coordinate belt system processes with the maintenance department and shift coordinators to minimize downtime
- Acquire and analyze equipment information
- Develops, implements, and monitors cost reduction plans and productivity improvements
- Responsible for good working relationship with hourly workers, with the willingness to accept new ideas and methods of performing work
- Sets goals, priorities, and standards through communication and cooperation with all departments
- Assists with the implementation of all safety policies and procedures related to an injury-free work environment
- Maintain a positive work environment for all employees
MINIMUM REQUIRED SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5 years of extensive and diverse underground coal mining experience
- Previous proven underground supervisory experience and the ability to successfully supervise and motivate the workforce
- Thorough knowledge of State and Federal Mining Laws, to include those that regulate a belt conveyor system
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent problem-solving skills, and the knowledge and ability to make decisions relative to safety, production, maintenance and law
- WV Mine Foreman Certification
- EMT-M and Dust Certification preferred
POSITION WILL REPORT TO: Mine Manager
Arch Resources, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive full and fair consideration for employment. M/F/Disability/Vet