Overall Job Purpose:
Supervise mining activities for a section during a single shift.
- Implements all safety policies and procedures.
- Supervises and provides direction to hourly association employees in production work.
- Plans, organizes, schedules and coordinates with mine management all mining projects.
- Instruct employees in the proper performance of each task and advise them of any associated hazards.
- Perform tests and monitor employees responsible for performing safety checks and tests.
- Maintain the necessary records associated with the test results.
- Monitor section supplies to keep adequate amounts of materials on hand and stored in an orderly manner to preclude unnecessary loss of and damage to materials.
- Communicate to mine management any changes in the status of the operating sections which may have potential impact on the productivity of the mine.
- Assures performance standards are maintained.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
Required Education & Experience:
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Minimum five (5) years of progressive underground mining experience with two (2) years underground supervisory experience required
- West Virginia Mine Foreman’s certifications required
- High school diploma or GED required
- EMT-M Certification a plus
- Excellent understanding of continuous miner/shuttle car and/or longwall mining methods
- Proven safety and attendance record
- Proven leadership ability
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication (written oral) skills
Position will report to: Mine Foreman
Qualified candidates interested in this position should submit information through the button below by 7/3/2020.