Performs a wide range of complex clerical and administrative functions supporting the Senior Officer team, with individual support for the Chairman, the Chief Executive Officer, the Sr. Vice President, Strategy and Public Policy, in addition to the Board of Directors and other corporate administrative positions.
- Provide day-to-day administrative support for the Chairman of the Board, the Chief Executive Officer and Sr. Vice President, Strategy and Public Policy, including answering/routing phone calls, processing incoming and outgoing mail, photocopying, filing and supplies control.
- Schedule and organize meetings, travel, conferences, conference calls and department activities for department team members. Coordinate scheduling/travel on the corporate jet and private charters. Tasks include issuing invitations; securing meeting rooms and making meeting arrangements; making travel arrangements (hotel, car and air); and preparing meeting materials.
- Type correspondence and other materials including word processing and spreadsheet applications for letters, memos, forms, reports, etc., ensuring confidentiality of information.
- Managing and handling of travel and special requests from the Board of Directors, Human Resources department, customers, government representatives, or outside member organizations (NMA).
- Special projects as assigned such as: create visual presentations and associated materials for department team members and others.
- Assist in administering the ongoing activities of the Arch Coal Political Action Committee (ArchPAC). Also administer and file for the Colorado PAC. This includes preparing and submitting of required Federal Election Commission reports in accordance with Federal and State election laws, as well as managing day-to-day check requests, preparing transmittal letters and distributing materials. In addition, this position would help coordinate solicitation activities, materials preparation, ArchPAC communications efforts, and sole responsibility for the matching contributions program for ArchPAC members.
- Manage expense reports for multiple executives.
- Assist in quarterly earnings call preparations. Set up conference line and facilitate during the call the Q&A portion. Set up multiple investor calls following each report.
- Assist in organizing St. Louis-area employee educational and Town Hall meetings, including coordination of catering, room set-up and room clean-up.
- 7 to 10 years of experience in an executive-level administrative support position.
- Excellent typing and proofreading skills
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and e-mail applications (Microsoft Office)
- Excellent organizational skills, with ability to manage multiple tasks/priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to interact effectively with individuals at all levels with poise, tact and diplomacy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Requires occasional travel and access during non-standard office hours
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.