If you are looking to join a quality team with an industry leading safety culture, an employer of choice within the mining industry ‘ we’d like to invite you to explore an exciting career opportunity with Leer South, an Arch Resources subsidiary. Arch’s Leer South facility boast a “best in class” reserve life providing employee stability and opportunities for professional growth while providing excellent compensation and outstanding benefits, such as medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, retirement savings, and educational assistance.
Leer South is a growing, world-class mining company producing essential resources for steel manufacturing worldwide Leer South is one of the largest employers in the region and takes pride in our positive employee relations and community support activities. Leer South is looking for an Accounting Clerk Intern to join our successful team in Philippi, West Virginia.
Job Location: Leer South Mining Complex (Philippi, WV)
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE:
To support the Business Manager’s obligations to manage the financial functions of the mine, which consist of accounting, payroll, internal control and materials management.
- Interact with field management and corporate reporting to close books each month.
- Develop and help implement recommendations to enhance business data needs and/or to streamline various accounting and operational issues.
- Serve as a financial resource to the Leer South Complex to research, analyze and answer questions.
- Assist in the coordination, development, and presentation of the Quarterly budgets and 5-year plans.
- Interact with field management and corporate reporting to close the books each month, making required journal entries, complete variance identifying factors impacting revenues and cost. Review monthly transactions, capital expenditures, correcting any problems.
- Responsible for assisting in updating OFA modeling for the budget, plan and Board of Directors (BOD) updates.
- Develop comparisons of actual costs to budget and latest budget plans (BOD), and provide explanations for any major differences. This includes analyzing vendor costs, comparing these costs to forecasts, and providing estimates for future forecasts.
- Coordinate responses to internal and external audit requests.
- As required, this position will assist with royalty, severance and ad valorem and sales tax audits.
- Responsible for monitoring, developing and documenting guidelines to ensure compliance with corporate policy pertaining to Sarbanes-Oxley and GAAP reporting requirements.
- Communicate to all mine personnel compliance guidelines.
- Assist Business Manager and other field or corporate personnel with special projects/assignments, as requested.
- Strong interpersonal skills and team-oriented behavior as the position provides critical support to other departments.
MINIMUM REQUIRED SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must be in the process of obtaining, a Bachelors or Masters degree with an Accounting concentration.
- Proficiency with PCs, including word processing (Microsoft Word), spreadsheet (Excel), and presentation applications (Power Point), as well as e-mail (Outlook).
- 2+ years of college courses toward an accounting degree
- Analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
POSITION WILL REPORT TO: Business Manager
Arch Resources, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive full and fair consideration for employment. M/F/Disability/Vet