If you are looking to join a quality team with an industry leading safety culture, an employer of choice within the mining industry ‘ we’d like to invite you to explore an exciting career opportunity with Leer South, an Arch Resources subsidiary. Arch’s Leer South facility boast a “best in class” reserve life providing employee stability and opportunities for professional growth while providing excellent compensation and outstanding benefits, such as medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, retirement savings, and educational assistance.
Leer South is a growing, world-class mining company producing essential resources for steel manufacturing worldwide Leer South is one of the largest employers in the region and takes pride in our positive employee relations and community support activities. Leer South is looking for a Engineering Intern to join our successful team in Philippi, West Virginia.
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE:
This paid internship will provide hands on experience which will enhance and provide practical knowledge as it relates to the engineering discipline in the coal mining industry. Interns may be required to accept underground mining assignments while employed with the Company.
- Complete company provided training and obtain mining certifications needed to conduct work on mine property.
- Adhere to all federal and state laws and regulations, company policies, and procedures.
- Work assignments could include working on the surface areas of the underground mine and the preparation plant.
- Depending upon discipline, interns could be rotated to various crews and/or departments for experience in all aspects of the mining process.
- Engineering interns will assist and learn key components of mine planning, development and regulation approvals.
MINIMUM REQUIRED SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Applicant must be motivated, self-disciplined, and eager to learn
- Applicant must be a current student at an accredited university and pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in one of the following Engineering Disciplines: Mining, Electrical, Civil, Mechanical, Environmental, Chemical, Geology, or Industrial
- Be able to work safely and responsibly with other interns and company employees
- Learn and participate in the company’s Behavior Based Safety Process
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision
POSITION WILL REPORT TO: Engineering Manager
Arch Resources, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive full and fair consideration for employment. M/F/Disability/Vet