If you are looking to join a quality team with an industry leading safety culture, an employer of choice within the mining industry ‘ we’d like to invite you to explore an exciting career opportunity with Leer South, an Arch Resources subsidiary. Arch’s Leer South facility boast a “best in class” reserve life providing employee stability and opportunities for professional growth while providing excellent compensation and outstanding benefits, such as medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, retirement savings, and educational assistance.
Leer South is a growing, world-class mining company producing essential resources for steel manufacturing worldwide Leer South is one of the largest employers in the region and takes pride in our positive employee relations and community support activities. Leer South is looking for a Human Resources Intern to join our successful team in Philippi, West Virginia.
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE:
Will assist the Human Resources Department in daily administrative tasks and activities while demonstrating excellent administration, communication, and organization skills.
- Update and maintain employee records.
- File HR documents accordingly (digital and physical files).
- Coordinate new hire orientations.
- Respond to staff inquiries regarding HR policies, employee benefits, and other HR-related matters in a timely manner.
- Organizing and editing policies.
- Help with the performance review process and assist in the roll out of the new assessment tool.
MINIMUM REQUIRED SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Current enrollment in an accredited college or university is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work autonomously.
- Experience with HRIS system a plus.
POSITION WILL REPORT TO: Human Resources Manager
Arch Resources, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive full and fair consideration for employment. M/F/Disability/Vet